A.J. Venter wrote:

I downloaded and installed the components fine. However, when trying to load the demo project, the IDE hangs and eats up 50% CPU. End Task'ing the lazarus process in Windows is necessary at that point.

Is this only linux/gtk?  Or is Win32 supported?
Hi Lee,
It's definitely meant to be a multiplatform suite.
You seem to have discovered a win32 specific bug. Since I only use native components that means that it must be something the w32 widget set does different. Logically - only visual components could have issues with widget set implementations. That limits it to TDoubleBuffer. The only part of TDoubleBuffer that is active during design is the paint method - so it seems win32 isn't handling that right.

Please try the following for me (I have no access to a windows machine for a while)
Fine the lines in doublebuffer.pas that read:

if csDesigning in ComponentState then
Self.Canvas.CopyRect(rect(0,0,width,height),FBackground.BitMap.Canvas,rect(0,0,width,height));

And comment them out.
This will have no impact on running programs, it will just prevent the background from being visible at designtime - but it may solve your problem. Please let me know if it does, so I can update the code on my side (I would use an IFDEF I imagine).
Win32 experts: If this works, how SHOULD I do it instead ?

Ciao
A.J.

I did so, but still the same behavior. Just to note, I commented out the lines and then rebuilt the IDE a couple of times to be sure.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to door."