Leonard,

>         You don't mention anything about what version of IM or lcms
> you are using?  And on what OS platform?

Yes, that would have been helpful.

I'm running OS X 10.4.7 on a MacBook Pro and installed IM and lcms
via Fink (http://fink.sf.net). IM reports version 6.1.8 (03/13/2006)
and Little CMS version 1.15-2.

>         Did you even have lcms installed when you installed/
> configured IM - otherwise it won't know to use it.

I installed IM some time ago, and the lcms libraries were already
installed on my machine when I checked. Fink lists lcms as a
dependency for IM, so it was likely installed at the same time as IM.

Thanks,

Andreas