On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Andreas Yankopolus wrote:

> I use ImageMagick (convert, specifically) to create JPEGs for the web
> from PSD files. This worked without a hitch when the files came from
> an inexpensive digital camera that saved everything in the sRBG color
> space. I've since switched to a DSLR and am experimenting with Adobe
> Lightroom, which operates in the ProPhoto RGB color space.
> ImageMagick does not appear to understand the embedded color space
> information, and the resulting images look very flat when displayed
> on the Web.

Use

   identify -verbose file.jpg

and see if a line similar to

   ICC Profile: <present>, 560 bytes

appears in the output.  ImageMagick needs to have an attached ICC
profile.  If the profile is referred to by some metadata (EXIF?) and
not actually included, ImageMagick will assume nothing about the image
colorspace.  If you know (and have) the correct profile, you can
attach it to the image using the -profile option.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/