On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 10:16, Lynn Avants wrote:
> On Sunday 09 February 2003 11:45 am, Mike Noyes wrote:
>
> >     b) NNTP support (news.gmane.org and/or nntp.sourceforge.net)
>
> I like NNTP, but it doesn't necessarily address the volume problem at all.

Lynn,
Correct. It just provides another way to look at the posts.

> >     d) New LEAF release/branch specific MLs.
> >         leaf-bering
> >         leaf-dachstein
> >         leaf-lince
> >         leaf-oxygen
> >         leaf-packetfilter
> >         leaf-wisp-dist
>
> This would address the issue for most of the discouraged users, but
> would be a real PITA for NNTP front-ends. Seperating the mailing-lists
> this way might be the better route and make life easier for subscribers
> of multiple lists IMHO.

The question is how many people that provide support, like you, will
join each list. A list that never receives replies to support requests
isn't very useful.

--
Mike Noyes <mhnoyes @ users.sourceforge.net>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/