Mike

on 27.07.2011 18:50, Mike Noyes wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 09:39 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 16:44 +0200, Erich Titl wrote:
>>> at 27.07.2011 15:08, Mike Noyes wrote:
>> -snip-
>>>
>>> No I have not read the entire GIT docs. The heap of documentation
>>> about git diff alone makes me shiver.
>> -snip-
>>
>> Erich,
>> Agreed. The full git diff, log, and status man pages are intimidating.
>>
>>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-diff.html
>>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-log.html
>>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-status.html
>>
>> The git tutorials are fairly concise. Admittedly, they only cover common
>> tasks.
>>
>>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html
>>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial-2.html
>
> For more depth see:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#generating-diffs

Thanks, just putting enough pressure on me made me look deeper into git,
still don't really like it, it is a bit like those iPXXX gizmos anyone
thinks are necessary these days. In german we have a word for it, it
translates to something like 'egg laying wool producing milk sow'. It
means it does everything, but nothing really well and transparent. I may
be converted but it may take time.

cheers

Erich