Hi Erich;

Am Montag, 17. August 2015, 10:32:29 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi KP
>
> Am 16.08.2015 um 18:40 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> > Am Sonntag, 16. August 2015, 19:23:07 schrieb Andrew:
> >> If no option UPDATE_MODDB is in leaf.cfg nor in kernel cmdline -
> >> behavior is same as earlier (modules that were probed from squash aren't
> >> stored in moddb.
> >
> > Earlier behaviour has been to save to moddb. We should preserve that.
> >
> > Anyway, last change to leaf.cfg has been made three yrs ago - so it
> > doesn't
> > sound like an unstable configuration file.
>
> No, but changes in these files are critical.
>
> > Any others idea Eric how to solve the issue?
>
> Yes, behaviour
>
> - If the user requests a save to moddb, no flag needed, it is a user
> decision.
> - If on boot there is a moddb use it, if not use modules.sqfs

point taken...

The whole pb started here AFAIK:
"Modules that are copied manually, should be saved. Modules that are
loaded from squashfs aren't added to moddb.tgz to reduce it's size."

Now we can argue that a user who has enough space for leaving modules.sqfs on
his boot media, will have enuogh left for a bigger moddb.lrp than necessary
(except those booting from iso image, who can't remove modules.sqfs).

There is a case to remove modules.sqfs even beyond space, to speed up boot
time, so autodetection stops immediately due to "missing modules.sqfs".

So if we go back and never write anything to /var/lib/lrpkg/mdoules.sqfs, we
can get rid of the changes to update moddb properly, addinga config option to
leaf.cfg  etc...
Andrew,  will there be any other issues related to such a change?

We may then think about adding variable to enable/disable using modules.sqfs,
but leaving the remaining stuff untouched....???

I'll intend to provide a 5.2-rc2 soon (as-is), but we can always change this
until final version if we agree on a better solution.