Am 17.08.2015 um 17:57 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
Hi Erich;

Am Montag, 17. August 2015, 10:32:29 schrieb Erich Titl:
Hi KP

Am 16.08.2015 um 18:40 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
Am Sonntag, 16. August 2015, 19:23:07 schrieb Andrew:
If no option UPDATE_MODDB is in leaf.cfg nor in kernel cmdline -
behavior is same as earlier (modules that were probed from squash aren't
stored in moddb.

Earlier behaviour has been to save to moddb. We should preserve that.

Anyway, last change to leaf.cfg has been made three yrs ago - so it
doesn't
sound like an unstable configuration file.

No, but changes in these files are critical.

Any others idea Eric how to solve the issue?

Yes, behaviour

- If the user requests a save to moddb, no flag needed, it is a user
decision.
- If on boot there is a moddb use it, if not use modules.sqfs

point taken...

The whole pb started here AFAIK:
"Modules that are copied manually, should be saved. Modules that are
loaded from squashfs aren't added to moddb.tgz to reduce it's size."

Now we can argue that a user who has enough space for leaving modules.sqfs on
his boot media, will have enuogh left for a bigger moddb.lrp than necessary
(except those booting from iso image, who can't remove modules.sqfs).

There is a case to remove modules.sqfs even beyond space, to speed up boot
time, so autodetection stops immediately due to "missing modules.sqfs".

So if we go back and never write anything to /var/lib/lrpkg/mdoules.sqfs,

sqfs is a read only filesystem

cheers

ET