--------
Joseph Gwinn writes:

> > I believe I recently saw PHK ruminating that forward compatibility in
> > computing is at least as important as backward compatibility because
> > the next 30 years of software need to know where they are going.

The other side of my arguent is that more software will be created
in the next 30 years than were created in the previous 30 years,
so if you want to optimize for more code being correct, you need
to concentrate on getting it right for the future, not for the past.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956