Miroslav Lichvar said:
> It doesn't even have to be a full-hour shift. Some countries use
> timezones with offsets given in 15-minute resolution,

True, though they're very rare.

> so any software
> used globally already has to support 15-minute shifts. Adding support
> for 1-minute shifts in timezones might be easier than Y2K.

I don't see the benefit of anything less than the current 15 minutes.
People all round the world are used to clock and solar time differing by
more than that (I think the record is about 3 hours), so why make things
awkward for people? Stick with what people are used to, which is (mostly)
shifts of an hour.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: cl...@davros.org     | it will get its revenge.