On Sat, Dec 23, 2023, 12:02 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <p...@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> Michael Deckers via LEAPSECS writes:
>
> >> My Tl;dr version of the resolution is:
> >
> >> ..... Please keep DUT1 less than 100 seconds.
>
> >       k) that the maximum value for the difference between UT1 and UTC
> >           should be no less
> >           than 100 seconds, taking into account the constraints of the
> >           technological systems
> >           expected to be used to disseminate this value,  "
>
> You're right, I misread that.
>
> They /really/ dont want to ever see a leapsecond or leapminute, do they ?

I'd love for them to have 6 digits for the offset..  9999.99.  Iirc prior
discussions that puts us 6000 years or so in the future. 6000 years ago we
were just inventing writing, just domesticated plants and food animals and
were just starting to forge metal on a vast scale...

100s gives us until at least 2150 in all likelihood (exactly date might be
2100 or 2200 though).

So year... safely dead before any of these dates...

Warner

Ps all my examples are +/- maybe 1000 years and you can rightly quibble
with them... but it wouldn't change the main point. :).