        *From:* Donna C. Brown <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        *To:* LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
        <mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
        *Sent:* Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:27 AM
        *Subject:* [LegacyUG] WARNING to everyone buying a new computer!

I just bought a new HP computer with Vista on it. We found a
        good sale on it but we really got what we paid for. "Will I
        ever learn?"   Vista is terrible, at this stage.  You can't
        download things easily.   It  only came with junky programs or
        ones that you can only get for 60 day trial period.  Because
        of Vista, you have to get extra help from the companies before
        you can download your favorite old programs or installation
        discs.  Everyone told me AFTER I bought the computer that I
        should have waited till Microsoft got the bugs worked out,
        just as they did with XP.  OR, I could have gotten a computer
        built with XP and the programs we use.   Our only solution now
        may be to spend more money to have Vista wiped off the
        harddrive and have XP installed back on the computer.  So much
        for sales.
Legacy walked me through the download via the web ONLY. Discs
        didn't work. But, now that I have Legacy downloaded, it's
        BLANK!  (I'm shouting with frustration!)  All my data is still
        on my old laptop with XP.  Does anyone have suggestions for
transferring the data? One other big question, when I retrieve info from Ancestry.com
        <http://ancestry.com/>, how can I import it directly to
        Legacy?  I usually have to write it in longhand and then type
        it into Legacy.  That's very time consuming and prone to
        mistakes.  Thanks for any suggestions to these problems.
        Donna Brown