Please do not forget that Mudcreek's GenViewer will do this also. You can open a Legacy file in GenViewer, and convert that file to a CVS. Then, you can open that file from Excel, OpenOffice Calc, Lotus, Quattro Pro, Boeing Calc (Discontinued, I believe), MultiPlan (eBay?), SuperCalc that I am aware of. Last I checked, Mudcreek still offers a trial. Please go to:
http://www.mudcreeksoftware.com/

By the way, Mudcreek also sells a product called GenMatcher, a product many users find useful.
^
As far as I know, if you set Legacy for 4 year display, and you should get four year display when you do this.

Robert

JLB wrote:
Sorry I lost the thread - overly zealous with emptying the Trash.
Legacy does not seem to sort by Month, Days and Years separately, but once you've imported a csv file into a spreadsheet you can sort it there with more choice. At least it works in OpenOffice, sort of. If I import a date such as 23 Sep 1901 from Legacy, OO will turn it into 23/09/01. This can get a bit confusing if it might be 1701 or 1801 or 2001. Haven't figured out yet how to make it keep 4 digit years.

JL