Not a problem, had just chosen the wrong text delimiter for the csv.

First, change your date customization in Legacy to 2001-09-25, ie, year-mth-day. Save your list as csv. Import into a spreadsheet, sort the birth date column ascending or descending. It will still put "abt", "bef", "btw" etc after the numbers in the list. But that's the closest I can get to sorting by birthdate.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Elizabeth Richardson wrote:

I don't know Open Office, but in Excel go to Format Cells and set date to show 4 digit years. It will then display correctly.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

Legacy does not seem to sort by Month, Days and Years separately, but once you've imported a csv file into a spreadsheet you can sort it there with more choice. At least it works in OpenOffice, sort of. If I import a date such as 23 Sep 1901 from Legacy, OO will turn it into 23/09/01. This can get a bit confusing if it might be 1701 or 1801 or 2001. Haven't figured out yet how to make it keep 4 digit years.