How to display 4 digit years is OK now. Working on how to separate the 'abt's, 'bef's, 'aft's from the main date. Using Replace on the csv to change, for instance, "abt 1917" to "abt","1917" by adding "," to the original to create an additional column with 'abt' in it. Leaves it mixed up though as some dates won't have a second column. Sort by 'abt', cut and paste into another column to separate them. Then you can still sort your whole file by birth-dates. I've made a mess trying to work with a 10,000 person csv but it should work.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Robert Carneal USA wrote:
Please do not forget that Mudcreek's GenViewer will do this also. You can open a Legacy file in GenViewer, and convert that file to a CVS. Then, you can open that file from Excel, OpenOffice Calc, Lotus, Quattro Pro, Boeing Calc (Discontinued, I believe), MultiPlan (eBay?), SuperCalc that I am aware of. Last I checked, Mudcreek still offers a trial. Please go to:
http://www.mudcreeksoftware.com/

By the way, Mudcreek also sells a product called GenMatcher, a product many users find useful.
^
As far as I know, if you set Legacy for 4 year display, and you should get four year display when you do this.

Robert

JLB wrote:
Sorry I lost the thread - overly zealous with emptying the Trash.
Legacy does not seem to sort by Month, Days and Years separately, but once you've imported a csv file into a spreadsheet you can sort it there with more choice. At least it works in OpenOffice, sort of. If I import a date such as 23 Sep 1901 from Legacy, OO will turn it into 23/09/01. This can get a bit confusing if it might be 1701 or 1801 or 2001. Haven't figured out yet how to make it keep 4 digit years.

JL