Hi Erik,

Well we all have very different requirements from charts. I have both Legacy Charting Companion and Legacy Tree Draw. In my opinion, Legacy Charting outstripped Legacy Charting Companion in its very first beta release but still has a way to go to reach the versatility of Tree Draw although it's easier to use than Tree Draw.

However, like all new programs, it takes a bit of getting used to the things you can do with it.

I much prefer Legacy Charting's way of changing box size and content than Legacy Charting Companion and like the Themes and the way you can create your own.

Getting a Legacy Charting Companion chart to fit on a page takes a lot of trial and error. It does make some pretty charts but Legacy Charting makes even prettier ones, if that's what you're after.

For a large wall chart of descendants, unless you want a long narrow strip, you still need Legacy Tree Draw.

Cathy