Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but -

In the master name list you can just click on a name and then select
the edit tab on the right hand side. There are also tabs to add/change
events/notes/sources and edit father/mother and marriage (family tab).
You can do this in V6 (I don't have v7 so I'm not sure how it is
different).

I never realized I could do this until I tried it after seeing Don
Cook's post. It's a great capability.

Al Mallory
Whitby, Ontario