Sorry to pepper the list with questions, but if I don't submit them when I come across the (during trying to clean up my just imported file) I will not remember the problems. I do think the day will come (perhaps when my manual arrives in the mail) when I don't have such basic question to ask for help with. Until then I am stuck with just asking. I did check "Help" but did not find an exact answer to my problem.

Now that the preamble is done with - When I leave an unknown given name blank, as I think "Help" instructs me to do, nothing appears in the report, just the last name, with no (") or ( _ ) or anything. This is an Individual detail report.
How can I make the program say "name unknown"?  Or just (Unknown)?

I have gone to options, but do not find a place that lets me customize the way unknown given or surnames are stated in a report.

Jane Sarles