My Great Grandfather's name was M L McDonald... and yes it was a nightmare in the Army in WWI as he told us the story many times. When Legacy tells me to put the periods in I just ignore it and select the option not to be warned about future problems on that record.

Allen

John Clare wrote:
I seem to have heard of someone called Ulysses S Grant as well
John