John,

To my mind it is not an AKA but a transcription error (not unusual for
Ancestry, or other sites for the matter). I add a note to say "Incorrectly
indexed by Ancestry as ......"

Update your British Prime Ministers Timeline - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:49:32 -0700
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Alternate Names Ancestry.com and US Census
>
> While searching for my Grandfather 1920 Census via ancestry.com
> ancestry had my grandfather's surname indexed Mazzari, with a Yellow
> triangle next to it indicating other possible names Maggard
>
> When I look at the original it is correctly spelled
> Magyari
>
> Since the original image has it spelled correctly, but a search via
> ancestry,com has it indexed via Mazzari and Maggard (index does NOT have
> Magyari) which are incorrect transcriptions, but in ancestry's index.
>
> 1) How would you place this info in Legacy, so others could potential
> find in future?
> a) AKAs Mazzari and Maggard ??????????
> b) just in notes?????????
>
> 2) I run into a similar issue with the 1910 Census
> here the index has it written incorrectly
> Magdyar
> I would assume here I really would use a AKA, correct???
>
> thanks,
> jdm

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571440/direct/01/