Kirsten and Ruth,

Following Ruth's email I have had a new look at the Sources and also created
them using the Publication Center. I found no difference between the two ways
in which the report was produced.

I must correct my previous email, as on closer inspection it is attributing
incorrect sources to the Events. Not all of them, but many, whether there is a
systematic reason for this I cannot tell at present.

I will now have to check entries in my website!

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Legacy bugs
> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:10:58 +0100
>

> Kirsten,
>
> I have largely left comments in written reports to others as I am not a
> regular user of them. However, I have had a look at the Descendant Report
> produced as an rtf and viewed in Open Office. One thing stands out and I
> would ask you to clarify what you mean by "Source Repetions" - is it the same
> as my comment about "no ibid" ?
>
> The Family file was almost a new one comprising 7 generations with only 3
> generations recorded using the old style sourcing.
>
> Descendant Report: No pictures: "If an event has multiple citations" -
> checked.
>
> 1. Sources as Footnotes:
>
> I don't like this style - but that is personal taste. Seems OK but no ibids
> hence the same consecutive sources quoted in full. Old style sources - ibids
> were used.
>
> 2. End Notes after each generation - start a new page:
>
> No sources at all
>
> 3. As end notes at end:
>
> No ibids (as above)
>
> 4. Bibliography:
>
> Tried this and it seems OK.
>
> If necessary I would be happy to send you copies of my results off-list for
> your comments. Also if you are using a different report please let me know,
>

> Ron Ferguson

> *New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
> http://www.fergys.co.uk
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>

>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Legacy bugs
>> Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 18:54:50 -0700
>>
>> Ron:
>>
>> I know your main focus with Legacy is in maintaining your web page, but just
>> imagine how frustrated you would be if you hadn't been able to do that since
>> "upgrading" and didn't have the expertise to go back to v6. That's the
>> pickle some of us are in now. I would love to know a workaround for the
>> source repetitions in RTF reports and if you have one I'd be extremely
>> grateful because right now Legacy is worse than useless for me.
>>
>> Kirsten

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/