Marie:

Thanks so much for checking this out.  Your results are a little different
from mine but sound vaguely like what Ruth is experiencing.  If you can get
a decent RTF report, it's possible you might be on the track of something
that could help us both out, at least temporarily.  I don't care at all for
the "sources as footnotes" format even in one-generation reports since my
records are heavily sourced and insertion of the footnotes causes a single
family group to be split up over several pages.  I haven't worked with
linked footnotes in Word before; it seems to resist my attempts to move them
all to the end of the report but there may be an option somewhere to change
that.  I'll keep experimenting.  It's interesting, though, that the
formatting of the source citations themselves seems to be better in the
footnotes version than in the endnotes version.  Oh, my.  This is like
having to learn about changing a fan belt when I just want to get in the car
and drive!

And yes, I've reported the bug(s?) and they've been confirmed but that's
been weeks ago so I don't feel hopeful about a quick fix.  It'll surely be
released the day after I go back to v.6.  Probably when more users try
producing reports in a format for editing there will be much wailing and
gnashing of teeth.

Thanks again for your help.

Kirsten