I've got both those books, I've read through "Getting it right" and
re-thought a few of my processes.  It was very helpful in seeing
examples of what types of information can be used with events.  The
one thing I doubt I'll change is how I add names to my data base, the
preference is for using the birth registration name as the main name,
then add every other variation to AKAs.  I don't like to see my birth
name as a main name, I changed it through deed poll, I've also got
hundreds of names where I've added in apostrophes with the nickname or
name commonly used in the first name field eg Gladys Molly "Molly".  I
think I'll be using this book like Kirsten mentioned, as a style
manual, with my variations for what's working with my family file.

I haven't had time to read through Mark Lang's book yet, but was keen
to see his chapters on add-on programs and was hoping I'd get tips on
using them more effectively.
Cheers
Tracy