I probably use Individual Report more than any other.

I have several thousand names in my file.  I often get queries through
Ancestry or GenesReunited about someone in my tree.  There is no point is
sending the whole file to the person because it will be a large file and
possibly overwhelm them if they are only just starting out.  So I tag a few
generations around the person that they are enquiring about then export an
Individual Report as a PDF file.  I don't use Ancestor or Descendant because
I will often want to give more detail on people who would not be included in
one of these reports.  I sometimes export a couple of charts from that area
and include them in the PDF file.

I could probably give the same information with a series of Ancestor and
Descendant Reports but there would be a lot of duplication.

Martin Briscoe
Fort William
M&LFHS | Gwynedd FHS