From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of leo macdonald
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:16 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Burial Address

Hi Dave,
I have wrestled with this problem myself, I found that in local newspapers
and in books on communities or in books on family lines that sometimes a
particular cemetery can be called by two, three or more different versions
of the same cemetery name. As an example:
West Devon Cemetery; United Church Cemetery, West Devon; Presbyterian Church
Cemetery, West Devon; etc. All refer to the same cemetery, and I had all
three or more listed in my location list.
Some times I would run across someone who had died and was buried in West
Devon but I couldn't remember what the name of the cemetery was and I would
spend a lot of time trying to locate the name in my location list.
As well if I wanted to print out a report listing everyone who was buried in
this cemetery, I'd have to look up all the different variations and tag each
of them.
The approach that I took to correct this and that places all cemeteries in
the same place in the location list is to include the full name of the
cemetery and put all cemeteries in the same format, this works great for me,
it may not work for anyone else.

I place my example above as follows:

Cemetery: United Presbyterian Church, West Devon,....,.....,..., Canada.

By using this format, all my cemeteries can now be located by typing in Cem,
they are sorted alphabetically by the first letter in the word following the
":".
You can still do searches from left to right or right to left.
Leo