Great idea, didn't think of that. The defaults worked nicely so I'd stuck with them. In fact, simply by changing the font size from 10 to 11 I've vastly improved it. I'll keep playing with that option. Thanks.

Re the Acrobat Reader version suggestion, I feel it's very unlikely to be the reader that's at fault, much more likely the writer that embedded in Legacy.

John

On Aug 17 2010, Dennis M. Kowallek wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:03:05 +0100, "Ron Ferguson"
wrote:

>Sorry, John, but I cannot repeat your problem either. I created a small
>Ancestor Report with the Sources at the bottom of each page and created the
>PDF using the Legacy Option.
>
>My Reader is version 9.3.3.177.
>
>Have you considered that the problem may be with Acrobat Reader, and tried
>reinstalling that?

Replying to Ron because the OP did not post in plain text...

Sometimes a change in font will make a difference. I also noticed slight
differences in PDF layout based on the printer I have selected as the
default. So changing the default printer, even if this means installing
a non-existent printer, might correct the problem.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools