thank you for recognizing that we are just trying to work this out; we
do not wish to offend or impose undue hardship on any of the others in
the group.  Well said Sir! :-)

You will really love Legacy; I do recommend the training videos, both
packages, and review them as early as possible because there are some
fabulous shortcuts that you would never think of and other wonderful
hints. They are kind of expensive and it took me a long time to get
them but they were well worth it; watch for specials or check at your
local Family History Center and maybe someone will have them there.

Hang in there; other than this problem, I think you will find the
group extremely helpful and informative. You should also go to the
archives and perhaps browse around for interesting topics.

Kathy

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Don McRoberts - W3DRM
<drmcrobe...@charter.net> wrote:
> Sherry, et al,
>
> I am a brand new user of Legacy. In fact, I haven't even received the
> package as yet and have only downloaded the on-line version to play
> with. I must say that the attitude being displayed by you and others in
> this user's group is making me wonder if I even want to be a part of the
> Legacy family. You tell us to go to the "Rootsweb site for details"
> regarding the policies and how to change email settings to Plain Text.
> Well, have you looked at that site recently? It is woefully out of date.
> The latest information for Outlook users. which I use, covers only up to
> Outlook 2000. That version is probably 10-years old. I am currently
> running Outlook 2010 and unless I'm missing something, the instructions
> on Rootsweb don't apply to that version.
>
> My observation is this - based on the many replies and comments users
> are making it is clear (to me anyway) that this is a major issue that
> needs to be reviewed and revisited. Folks are struggling to comply but
> simply can't easily figure out how to change their settings so they can
> comply with the rules. Simply demanding that we not discuss it any
> longer just exacerbates the whole issue. I would hope that you and
> others at Legacy Support would allow the civil exchange of questions and
> answers to continue on this subject. Let it play out until everyone can
> figure out how to make the necessary changes to their email clients. I
> doubt that anyone is just being stubborn.
>

> Sincerely,
> Don McRoberts - W3DRM
> Carson Valley Weather - http://carsonvalleyweather.com
>

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Sherry/Support wrote:
>
>> Did you all miss the message where I said NO MORE MESSAGES TO THIS
>> THREAD???
>>
>> Please, put it to rest!  If you have any questions about how to change
>> to plain text, please go to the Legacy User Group Guidelines and click
>> on the link to the Rootsweb site for details
>>
>> And no more pointing fingers!
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Sherry
>> Technical Support
>> Legacy Family Tree
>>

>> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>>
>>    http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>>
>> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>>
>>    http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/
>>
>> Archived messages from old mail server - before Nov. 21 2009:
>>
>>    http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/
>>
>> Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/

Kathy Meyer
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things
you have never before done."
--Richard G. Scott, "Finding the Way Back," Ensign, May 1990, 74

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results. ~ Albert Einstein