Re: German names: You can use quoted nicknames in the given name – Johannes
Christian “Christian”

  Ward

From: Pat Hickin
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 1:59 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Formatting options in reports -- Are any of these possible?

The more I use Legacy, the more I realize what an amazingly complicated program
it is.  I suppose I want it to be even more complicated!

Is there a way to do any of the following?

On a descendant narrative report there is a line between each event that I
would like to get rid of.  Instead I would like a double space between events.
(Bullet-style- formatting)

And there is also a line under picture captions that I'd like to do away with.

Also in the list of children, I'd like to have an empty line (i.e.,
double-space) between each child, but I see no way to do that.

And, I'd like an empty line (i.e., double-space) after the sentence that says
"their children were:"

As you know, German given names for boys were often "Johannes Christian,"
"Johannes Adam," "Johannes Ludwig," etc.  Is there any way I can get Legacy to
either use the middle name or the full given name in narratives?

When the place of marriage is not given, Legacy inserts a blank line about an
inch or two long.  I'd like not to have that line and don't know how to get rid
of it.  I don't remember seeing it in the past.

On individual events, the formatting options of italics, bold, etc. work fine
in the notes field but don't affect the description, etc., fields.  Any way to
change that?

Thanks,

Pat