Pat Hickin wrote:
  [snip]

> Also in the list of children, I'd like to have an empty line
> (/i.e/., double-space) between each child, but I see no way
> to do that.

You probably only think you want this. I assure you, those
double-spaces can more than double the size of your output.
  I spent several labor-weeks deleting enough blank lines to
save 473 pages in one narrative.

Aside from that, there are drawbacks to the blank-lines.
They frequently cause the page to break oddly (whether
you're printing to paper, to pdf or to html). A badly placed
page break can change the reader's understanding of the
material presented. And, when you add in Events and blank
lines between those, you can produce a paper that has a Fog
index well post-graduate.  Since most people aren't
post-grad, they are even more likely to misunderstand.

I've had the misfortune of having to unravel meaning from
some of these things, and it fails to raise the warm-fuzzies
toward the author.

> And, I'd like an empty line (/i.e/., double-space) after the
> sentence that says "their children were:"

See above.

> As you know, German given names for boys were often
> "Johannes Christian," "Johannes Adam," "Johannes Ludwig,"
> etc.  Is there any way I can get Legacy to either use the
> middle name or the full given name in narratives?

Use the "...".

> When the place of marriage is not given, Legacy inserts a
> blank line about an inch or two long.  I'd like not to have
> that line and don't know how to get rid of it.  I don't
> remember seeing it in the past.

Doesn't seem to be doing that on mine.  Have you managed to
tic the box saying "Insert blanks for missing info"?

[snip]

Cheryl