As I understand it, the password is just for the purpose of
initializing/completing the "free" download.  If you have purchased the
deluxe version, you will get a customer ID from Legacy.  I just upgraded
from version 7 deluxe to version 8 deluxe last night and they emailed me
with my new version 8 customer number, which is different than my
version 7 customer number.     Jerry Boor, MerriamFamilyTree.org