Hi Terry,
I think you are talking about documents attached as media to sources and
maybe elsewhere.

I don't think there is an easy way to change an attached filename after
it has been attached.

You could do it in Access once you find the right table. You'd have to
change the filename in Windows Explorer and then change it in the Access
database. There you could use a search and replace on the appropriate field.

I don't think you can do it in LTools either but LTools has a useful
list of the tables in a Legacy database.
http://zippersoftware.com/wp/ltools/legacys-database/legacy-tables/

If you use Access, make sure you have a backup first. It's the .fdb file
which is an Access database file.

Cathy