Daphne,
Did you create a private gedcom? I would recommend that you create a GEDCOM for
Legacy with the following settings which I use all the time.

Options page:
Type of file to Produce
Produce file for: Legacy
Character Set: ANSI
Break Note lines every 80 characters (at nearest word)
if you have <Estimated Dates> and <Places> check it if you don’t want them
appearing on your site.
check Keep embedded formatting codes within text (if you are using them in your
file)
check Convert formatting codes to HTML style
check Make space strings in note fields web friendly
check Override Source options – include all source information (optional you
can try it one way and then the other and check your sources to see how the
look. There was an add on managers config file to change Legacy sources to look
better but don’t know if it has been updated for version 10.)
Show double dates if you want them to appear if unchecked Legacy won’t use the
option setting for double dates.

go to Privacy Options page
Make sure nothing is checked if you want “Living Individuals and Their
Families” to appear and you want TNG to control the privacy options set on your
site!
Under Override Private Settings:
Check how you want those individuals to appear.
I have no checks on this page.
If you want Compiler info in your gedcom go to that screen and fill it out.

Go to Customize screen:
The Default items available should appear over to the right side then you can
remove the items you don’t want on your site.
Then:
as you may know the tags with underscores are proprietary and will need to be
accepted or denied in TNG so it knows what to do with it.
Remove  the ones you don’t want to appear on the site or don’t need.
Remove the _Tag#s if you aren’t using them or If you are and want to define
them on your site then leave them (ie I haven’t tried this yet but I have some
of my tags are defined and do not change, Tags4-9, I use Tags 1-3 for temporary
tags, so my tag five is defined as “Sources not verified yet” and My TAG7 is
defined as “Possible Living male Strong descendant” since I am in the STRONG
DNA study and use that to work on their lines and possible invite them to join
the study (hic more on that available on my site)).
Remove _UID (only needed if you are merging GEDCOM files so if you plan on
doing updates on line and gedcoming back (not recommended since a GEDCOM
changes all Source Writer sources to Basic sources) then leave it in).
Go through the list on the right and remove any other tags you don’t use or
don’t need on the site. If you have LDS info turned off in your file they won’t
appear
even if the tag is available on the right. you can remove them to make the list
shorter.
optional remove the _FamilySearch ID and link tags if you don’t want them on
your site or leave them if you want visitors to look at them on Family
Search.(if you know HTML programing recommend editing the links or checking
them to see if they open in a new window or tab so your visitors don’t leave
your site).
Not sure what the Label Groups tag is used for.

Groups of Items to Exclude:
The To-Do items if you didn’t remove the _TODO tag and you checked it on the
first page.
if you don’t want the Address/Phone numbers appearing on site check it.
and any other items you don’t want to appear check them.
once you have the items you want and don’t want and you plan to use it often
then click on the Save List button and name the file. Then when you make a new
gedcom just click Load List when you come to the Customize screen(note they are
now in alphabetic order and some of them do not have the astrisk in front of
them but they are there as they are the basic ones).
When you are done click on OK

Then finish and create your gedcom.

before you upload the full gedcom I would go to your TNG site and on the
import/export options screen do an import events only then you can check any
new ones that have uploaded and click to accept them and the proprietary ones
you can define them on how they will appear on your site. If you would like to
know how I defined mine then I will post a link to a page that has that tag
showing and how it appears on my site still ver 9.2.2 though. Some of them I
just leave as denied as I don’t use them and usually will appear on the next
upload unless I removed it from the GEDCOM if you correct it then delete the
unused ones.
AS THE Table is updated unused ones will still be in the table unless you
purged the table before the upload which some people do. There is a thread
somewhere on here on which tables some users purge before an upload
particularly if you have went through your master place names and cleaned it up
you will want to purge that table before you upload (ie changed USA to United
States then all the places with USA will still be there no people connected to
it.)
Hope this helps a little but I think maybe your privacy settings for your
gedcom is causing the problem.