Gloria,

Legacy saves every bit of data you enter as soon as you enter it and click the Save button on that screen. That's why there isn't an Undo. No need for any other save. You just open the same file the next time.

The Legacy backup is the equivalent of you copying your Word document to another drive or folder after you've closed Word. It's insurance. You need it if your computer crashes (and then it's only useful if it's been saved off your computer to an external drive or to a folder on your computer that has synced to the cloud). You also need it if in your next session using Legacy you do something stupid and the quickest fix is to start again from where you were last time you used Legacy.
You use a Legacy backup from within Legacy. You go to File - Restore.

Does that help?

Cathy
Gloria DeSousa <mailto:gdesou...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 28 January 2017 11:03 PM
Thank you very much Cathy. Seems that Legacy saves automatically as I go along, unlike MS Word for example, where CTRL+S is required. I think that's where I went awry, thinking I had to "save". A backup in Legacy is a "save" but not the same as MS Word. Not sure I'm making any sense, since I'm still just a tad confused.

Thanks again,
Gloria

olivanna...@gmail.com <mailto:olivanna...@gmail.com>
Friday, 27 January 2017 2:02 AM
Hi Folks:
I have been having a difficult time finding one of my family data files anywhere on my computer.
After many days of searching... I managed to find one.
This is the location it gives me:
Legacy – [C:\Users\Gail\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YCM1GS78\Hennessy_Family_22 Jan 2017[1].fdb] after the word content, that character is a upper case i, but won’t type. (different problem) I never knowingly made that file that long or that content, at least knowingly. Usually it is Hennessy Family 22 Jan 2017.fdb
I don’t know how to fix this.  Any help out there?
Thanks, Gail
olivanna...@gmail.com <mailto:olivanna...@gmail.com>

Avast logo <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>