I tried MyHeritage with the basic subscription and don’t trust it for various
reasons. It defaulted to automatic renewals every year and I don’t remember any
other options. It was extremely difficult to find out how to enter an end date
for the subscription because it was buried so deeply. From memory, I had to get
out of their website and search on Google to find out how to do it.

I entered some relatives on their Family Tree Builder. Even though I thought I
kept everything private, it ended up fully displayed on their website.

You can never relax while using MyHeritage and have to constantly be on guard.
Their technology/program seems to have “trip wires” everywhere to reset
everything to defaults that suit them.

Like others, I found MyHeritage users never provide sources. To contact them or
see their website, often requires paying the premium subscription.

On one occasion, I did manage to correspond with someone using MyHeritage, but
his information was full of errors and false presumptions. He claimed to be an
engineer!

I think MyHeritage will do everything they can to mine data from Legacy users.
Also, Legacy users will gradually have to pay for more and more features and
upgrades. As for cloud storage of family files- as soon as users get used to
it, there is little doubt that costs will be attached.

MyHeritage seems geared to obtaining your data for free, while making you pay
as much possible to search for any.

John