On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:10:02 -0800, Wm Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>As far as I know, cloning humans has not been completed successfully and
>immaculate conception is best left a matter of faith, rather than genealogy.

A minor quibble ... you are thinking of the Virgin Birth. The Immaculate
Conception is something different. A common mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception

>The "unknown" always exists; you are just unable or unwilling to put a
>name to it.

Back to the topic. A person always has two natural parents and,
regardless of political correctness, I always enter both. But someone in
this thread did make a good point regarding adoptions. If a single
person adopts, Legacy will create an "Unknown" spouse. The solution, as
someone else mentioned, is to tell Legacy to leave empty records blank.
Adjustments to wording for various reports may still be necessary.

Food for thought: Exactly who are the parents of a clone?

--

Dennis M. Kowallek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to
Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter
online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/