John,

Neither.  I have my Legacy database on a flash drive.  This way I can take
my data to ANY computer with Legacy installed on it.  I also keep my images
(in small .jpg format) on my memory drive.  All my images go with me.  This
way I am not limited to home with my database.

Before disconnecting my flash drive at home, I do a full copy to my hard
drive (for backup purposes ONLY.  The database is only accessed from the
Flash drive.  This way I have no problems with trying to keep multiple
copies of the database updated.

I volunteer at a Family History Center and recommend this practice to all
patrons who visit on my shift, whether they use Legacy or not.  It works
with all programs.  But, I do put in my vote with them for switching to
Legacy every chance I get.<hehe>  I use my memory drive to demonstrate the
capabilities of Legacy to all who are interested.  I have had quite a few
switch to Legacy and they love it.

I also have the installable executable file on my flash drive.  I can
install the standard version on any computer I am working on.  I then leave
it for the family member or friend to use when I leave.  This way they have
a great genealogy program to use.

Glen Ballard