I have to admit that the HOME tab is one major reason while
I have not started using V6.

I so much prefer to have the Family View to the very left.
Probably wouldn't have annoyed me quite as much had it been put
all the way to the right instead.  Of course the fact that my main
computer has the ME system is another, but no the main one.

Basically for me the HOME and the research is of not much use,
though I don't mind others having it.

The problems people having with V6 may or may not be the new stuff,
but there is an enormous difference for me in using V5 versa V6 on
my main computer, whereas using V5 on either of my 2 computers
is pretty much the same. Of course the XP one does the
merging process faster. Since V6 doesn't really have anything added to it
of use to me I stay with V5.

You say:

You can easily change the default view so if you'd rather not view
the Home tab, you don't have to.

How do I do that?

Anne