Hi,

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 13:48:24 +0000
Dermot McNally <derm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Agreeing mapper maps the restaurant and names it
> 2. Non-agreeing mapper adds the cuisine tag
> 3. Agreeing mapper removes the cuisine tag and sets odbl=clean. He or
> she does not have enough information to assert the cuisine tag and
> chooses, on balance, to lose the tag for now.
> 4. Well-meaning new (therefore agreeing) mapper sees the node, notices
> the cuisine tag in the history and reapplies it without having
> personal knowledge to back this up. odbl=clean is still set.

To me, this is on par with "well-meaning new mapper copies data from
Google believing it is ok". It is something where we have to make a
good effort to explain to people that they shouldn't do it, and if it
turns out somebody has misunderstood, or made a mistake, then we have
to fix that.

I don't see *many* people using history to look for extra features to
re-animate.