On 24 December 2011 19:32, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> I have prepared changes to the OSMI map that allow me to
>
> * treat untagged nodes as clean if moved by an agreeing mapper

Nice

> * treat any tags contributed by a non-agreeing mapper as harmless if
>  these tags are not present any more in the current version

Also nice - two clarifications would be useful, if you could briefly give them:

1. This would, I suppose, mean that a formerly "tainted" node which
has both been moved and stripped of any "tainted" tags would also be
considered clean. Is this so, or is the moved node rule implemented as
a special case that can only every apply to untagged nodes?

2. Consider the case of a node that is mapped by an agreeing mapper as
a restaurant. A non-agreeing mapper comes along and adds
cuisine=pizza. An agreeing mapper "cleans" the object by removing this
tag. Time passes...

Another mapper walks by, notices that the place is a pizzeria and adds
back an identical tag. Are we clean or dirty now?

> * treat any nodes added to a way by a non-agreeing mapper as harmless
>  if these nodes are not present any more in the current version of
>  the way

Excellent. So this will have the effect of ignoring the edit by the
non-agreeing mapper in the _way's_ history, right?

Thanks for the clarifications. Indeed, thanks for this awesome resource.
Dermot