Hi,

On 12/27/11 14:53, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
* treat any tags contributed by a non-agreeing mapper as harmless if
  these tags are not present any more in the current version

Did you manage to address your example of a user fixing a typo in the
tag name (individually or for a large number of objects)?

No. It would be possible to say that a constribution is only harmless if neither the tag nor the value are present in the final version but then there will again be examples where this is wrong.

I think a good way to deal with such "but what if..." situations is not to make sure they never occur, but to produce some kind of quantitative assessment. If we have reason to believe that the new rules produce something like a hundred errors then who cares. If it's more like a million then it needs to be fixed ;)

A similar case is where a mapper adds many ways in a city, but another
mapper thinks all of the objects were misaligned and offsets them en
masse.  Is your assumption here also that this takes all IP away from
the first mapper?

Currently in OSMI, this mapper will continue to be viewed as the author of all the ways; it is just the node positions that he got wrong and where his contribution is overwritten by the change.

But this is something that Russ questioned this morning, see my other message on legal-talk.