On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 3:05:51 AM UTC-4 p.os...@datec.at wrote:

Again it happended. But now it happoend with vanilla nodes, as I replaced
all clones by copies of the respective nodes. A section is cut off at

```bash

which becomes a node title. This node's body contains then all the sub
nodes of the respective Leo tree.

It looks to me that the MD importer is a little confused at this point.
The code that seems to be executing here during the import is

        elif in_code:
            if line.startswith("```"):
                in_code = False
            lines_dict[top.v].append(line)
        elif line.startswith("```"):
            in_code = True
            lines_dict[top.v].append(line)

This *looks* like it should handle the code right, but one would have to do
some checking to see if that is in fact happening as expected.

What I need is an @auto-md that does not read, which for me makes no sense
anyway: The content is in my Leo tree and should just be written into an
MD-file, that will be processed by mkdocs.

That's how the *rst3* command works.  The *@rst*  file tree isn't actually
an external file.  The command writes the *@rst* tree to a file, but that
file never gets imported again.  But I don't believe there is an equivalent
command for markdown.  I think there should be.  That may not be trivial to
write because the *@rst3* command looks pretty complicated to me.

OTOH, it probably wouldn't be hard to write a script that writes a subtree
to a file, converting the headlines into the right indent level headlines.
That's really what you want, isn't it?