It is possible to try out having VR/VR3 display in the same frame as the
body editor.  You can get them both into the Log frame.  It's not perfect
because anytime there is a message to the log, the view changes away from
the body or rendered view to the Log pane. Also you can't use the Find or
Nav panes and still see the body editor at the same time.  But it's kind of
a prototype.

Here is how I set this up. There may be other ways. First, open the
splitter context menu by either right-clicking on one of the splitter bars
or from the *Window* menu.  Click on *Open Window* and select *Body*. A new
free-floating window will open with the body editor.  Close this new
window.  The body editor will reappear in the Tab pane.  Do the same thing
with VR or VR3, whichever you have enabled. - open a new window with it,
then close that window.  Or, if you are using VR3, issue the Minibuffer
command *vr3-toggle-tab *instead.

If the log pane appears after this in the same frame as the tree, then use
the splitter context menu *Toggle Split Direction* to get it side-by-side
with the tree's frame.

A screen shot illustrating this layout is attached