Quick request.

In comments to a recent post, people seemed to agree that publishing a
video of someone reading a hash might be a fairly hard-to-hack way to
deliver that hash to the public, and thus assure the authenticity of a
piece of code, a public key, or whatnot. The problem is that the sample
youtube video I linked had yours truly reading the hash, and people
naturally objected that I wasn't Justin Bieber and, consequently, weren't
too convinced that the video was authentic.

Aside from the fact that an adversary might be able to convince Justin
Bieber to make a video reading a fake hash (not that I believe Justin
doesn't care; it's just a hypothesis), the idea of getting a celebrity for
this kind of video has a lot of merit. I'd like to engage one for the next
update of my app.

So, here's my question. Does any one know of a celebrity who cares enough
about computer security to be persuaded to take one minute of his/her time
to read a hash before a camera?

Thanks a million!

--
Francisco Ruiz
Associate Professor

PL13lok=WsH3zTgZn8V3hnIqjdbfPus+5YF5n+LBRPuH9USMMp8izPv+hsLoZKv+jaCFMapJFfiA11Q9yJU1K1Wo0TbjXK/=PL13lok

get the PassLok privacy app at: http://passlok.com
--
Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: