No.  You are absolutely wrong.  This is a very common mistake made by
individuals who do not know their libertarian movement history.

However, I do understand your confusion.

He won on the first ballot by 2 votes.  In other words the vote was
295 to 225.  Ron needed 293 votes to avoid going to a second ballot.

So, you could say he "avoided the need for a second ballot by two
votes."

--- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "terry12622000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Didn't he only beat Russel Means by 2 votes?--- In
> Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "hrearden_hr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "J R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I'm starting a drive to get Ron Paul to decide to run for
President

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpgUKB/pzNLAA/cUmLAA/KlSolB/TM