Hi,

I have done some searching and have read a couple of posts on this subject, but nothing that quite answers my questions.

I am writing a Windows port of the Thrift RPC library (http://incubator.apache.org/thrift/ ) that will build in Visual Studio with no Cygwin or other *nix/Posix emulation required. Thrift uses libevent, so I tried to build the same sort of version of libevent.

I was surprised to find that libevent would not build out of the box on Windows using Visual Studio. However, once I found an open source version of stdint.h for use in Visual Studio, I was able to get the 1.4.10 stable version building fairly easily. Once the library built, I was able to build and successfully execute the regression test using the same technique. The other tests weren't so successful due to missing vcproj files.

I have two questions:

1) Why doesn't libevent as released just build in Visual Studio if this was so easy to accomplish for me? Or have I missed something?

2) I would be happy to provide a patch that adds this support. Are any of the developers interested in receiving it?

Best regards,
Rush