Hi Guys

1.4.11 that incorporated the changes to the build system worked out of the box
on my VS2008.

----- Original Message -----
From: Nick Mathewson
To: Peter Ross
Cc: libevent-users@monkey.org
Sent: Sun, 17 May 2009 02:01:45 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [Libevent-users] Building with Visual Studio

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:01:30PM +1000, Peter Ross wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> > (Also, once 2.0.2-alpha is out, somebody needs to work on decent
> > project files for the 2.0.x series. ?The ones we have now are kind of
> > stupid and crufty.)
> >
> Would you consider using cmake?

Looks interesting, but for the short term (i.e., the 2.0.x timeframe),
maintaining and improving the autotools-based system we have now seems
like it will be way less effort than switching.  To switch, we'd have
to learn cmake, convert all our autoconf and automake stuff to use it,
testing it on all the platforms where libevent currently builds, and
shake out any bugs we find.

That's not something to do in a release series we're trying to finish
and stabilize.  Maybe in 2.1.x, if somebody wants to actually do the
work.  But if somebody else writes a compatible cmake/whatever file,
it would be great if they share it with the rest of the list so they
can try to get the bugs out.

yrs,
--
Nick