On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:42:47AM -0700, Ka-Hing Cheung wrote:
 [...]
> I do realize that this breaks existing assumptions about return values.
> What if instead of using a different return value, we don't reset
> base->event_gotterm and base->event_break when triggered? We can reset
> them at the beginning of event_base_loop() instead.

How would you inspect them?  The event_base structure isn't exposed in
any public headers.  I suppose we could add a new accessor function.

I like the idea of the original patch, but I'm also concerned about
return values.  If anyone has written code like
"if (event_base_loop(base,0)<0)" or "if (event_base_loop(base,0)==-1)",
they'll get unexpected results.

--
Nick