Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:

> Wait..  Are you saying we need to *remove* quotes in order to make things
> work when PGSQLSRC includes spaces!?

Yes, that's what fixed it. Maybe it's just some versions of Windows/DOS
shell? I don't have another version to test on.

 > set FOO=my dog has fleas
 > echo %FOO%
my dog has fleas
 > set FOO="something with quotes"
 > echo %FOO%
"something with quotes"

The quotes stay part of the string (same for single quotes). So LIBPATH1
became
""C:\Documents and Settings\[...]\src\"interface/libpq/Release"
and cl.exe gets each of these as a separate parameter, i.e.

C:\Documents
and
Settings\[etc.]

and justly complains about not finding headers, object files, etc.

As I said, I don't know much about how Windows makefiles are *supposed*
to work, just what was broken on WinXP, SP2, and what fixed it.

--
Curran Schiefelbein