Was this issue resolved?  I am trying to load a .png image file into a
BYTEA column and before my upgrade (was using 2.6.9) I was getting a
server error stating there was a data exception error on the COPY
command.  Now, after the upgrade, I am no longer getting an "error" but
I looks like only the 1st 8 bytes are being written to the bytea column.

If I use a standard INSERT command it goes in just fine.

Just looking at my table and my bytea column using PGADMIN

Using INSERT this is what's in the bytea column
\211PNG\015\012\032\012\000\000\000\015IHDR\000\000\000\030\.........

Using tablewriter this is all that is written
\211PNG\015\012\032\012

Any insights??

TIA
Shannon

Hello,

is there a way to successfully use tablewriter to insert
binary data?

The problem I am seeing is that applying escape_binary() to
the tuple
value yields an extra level of escaping (which breaks), and
either not
escaping at all or using sqlesc() breaks as expected as soon
as a null
byte is encountered.

I looked at the source and the tablewriter seems to do it's
own
escaping of a select few characters (tabs, whitespace,
backslash, a
few more), but I see no way to make this either generic
(handling
anything) or optional.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!