On Mar 10, 1:15 am, Timothy Perrett <timo...@getintheloop.eu> wrote:
> Personally, I would say forget ExtJS, compared to Cappuccino its streets
> behind:
>
> http://cappuccino.org/
>
> Easily the most exciting UI framework out there right now

Perhaps I should add that I need sophisticated grids:
  http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/#sample-3

A bunch of options like JQuery UI, YUI, and from what I see from
Cappuccino don't seam to come close to the kind of widget
sophistication that I am seeing in ExtJS.  Hence, ExtJS is my front
runner.  (Flex is ultimately competition, but I don't like dealing
with Flash.)

I have a sprinkling of JQuery usage in my app already, and my initial
thought was to simply use the JQuery adapter for ExtJS.
Alternatively, I could probably just rewrite my JQuery code in ExtJS
-- assuming then I would take the route to provide a jsArtifact for
ExtJS.

My real concern is factors like security and leveraging things like
SHtml.link -- I don't want an oil and water scenario.  I still need to
deep dive into ExtJS, but wanted to float the idea in case someone was
aware of a red flag before I wasted too much time.

It doesn't sound like anybody is using ZK [1], eh?

[1] http://zkoss.org/