On Monday, July 18, 2016, Andrew Bernard [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n192810...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Joel
>
> Use a laissezvibrer tie. I have a function to extend them, Away from the
> computer right now. Will send later. Can't remember if it is on LSR.
>
> Andrew
>
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2016, Joel C. Salomon <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=192810&i=0>> wrote:
>
>> Still from the John Crook’s Peter Pan score project, but a different
>> piece (“The Flying Away”, page 12 in the score at
>> <http://hdl.handle.net/1802/24425>):
>>
>> As show in the attached image, there seems to be a slur drawn over a
>> single whole-note.  It’s very clearly over that note, not over the other
>> voice in that measure—which doesn’t seem reasonable to me.
>>
>> Can someone explain to me what’s going on there, and how to achieve this
>> in LilyPond?  I was thinking to use something like
>>
>>     \graceAfter a1(  { s32) }
>>
>> but if this is a semi-standard musical construction I’m unfamiliar with,
>> there might be a better way to code this.
>>
>> —Joel C. Salomon
>
> It could be a LaissezVibrer tie, but I'm wondering if there isn't a
connection to the next bar. The tie extends so far and touches the BarLine
at the end of that measure that makes me wonder, but it's only speculation
at this point. Given the ending tip's vertical position, too, it almost
looks like it could be a slur. What does the next bar look like?

--
Abraham Lee